Getting an error is the most frustrating thing that can happen to you when you are in amid of your tasks. Error message code like QuickBooks Error 15215 can pop up on your screen with a concise description that is cryptic for anyone to understand. And thus, users find it difficult to deal with such error. In this blog, we are going to discuss the causes of this error and then we will go through the methods to resolve this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
QuickBooks Error 15215 usually occurs when the user tries to install the latest updates of QuickBooks Payroll software. After receiving such error, a question always strikes in the user’s mind is why I am facing this error and what are the causes of this error. If these questions are placing you in dilemma then have a look at the reasons behind the occurrence of the error:
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Payroll software
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file can also trigger this error
- Inappropriate firewall settings may be blocking the QuickBooks Payroll from connecting to the update server
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 15215
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks desktop as the window administrator
- Close QuickBooks desktop software
- Now right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon
- Select run as administrator
- A message will appear in front of you, select yes
Solution 2: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks software
- Download and install QuickBooks Install Tool from the official website
- After the completion of the download open the file QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- Then click on Yes to permit the tool to make modification
- Click on I Accept and then click on Continue
Finally, you receive a message stating that “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location”
Hopefully, these solutions will help you to eliminate the error. if still the error persists then configure your internet security and firewall settings.