QuickBooks is well-renowned accounting software that has become a prior choice of many business organizations. Due to it’s easy to use native tools and functionalities, this tool is progressively growing and is widely used by mid-sized and large-scale businesses. But these factors do not help in overcoming their limitations. Unlike any other software, QuickBooks is also prone to errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6123. In this blog, you will get an insight into the causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error 6123.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks Error 6123 occasionally occurs when you are trying to update your company file to the latest release. There can be numerous reasons behind the occurrence of the error. Some of them are listed below:
- Damaged QuickBooks company file
- Inappropriate firewall settings
- The problem can occur when there is a disturbance in the network connection
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Method 1: Rename .ND and .TLG file
- Go to the folder that contains your company file
- Now find and locate the files with the extension .ND and .TLG
- Right-click on the same file and select rename option
- Rename the file by adding .OLD at the end of it
- Now open QuickBooks again and if the error persists then move on to the next solution
Method 2: Copy the QuickBooks company file on the desktop
- Go to the folder that contains your company files
- Find and select the file with the extension .QBW
- Right-click on the same file and copy the file
- Now paste the file anywhere on the desktop
- Click on open or restore an existing company
- Open the file that you have copied on the desktop
The alternative solution
Hopefully, these solutions will help you to solve your problem. If nothing works then the alternative solution is QuickBooks file doctor tool which repairs the corrupted QuickBooks company files.